Access Statement For The Huntsman Holiday Cottages, Wrelton, Pickering, YO18 8PG
The Huntsman Holiday Cottages are set in the heart of Wrelton Village, which is just over 2 miles from the town of Pickering and comprise of The Gelding, a 2 bedroomed, 2 bathroomed cottage sleeping up to 6 adults, Bay cottage a 1 bedroomed, open plan cottage sleeping 2 and Horseshoe cottage which is all on one level and has one bedroom which sleeps up to 2 people. They were converted to their present use, as self catering holiday cottages in 2006. The Huntsman also has a 29 x 10 foot 2 bedroomed static caravan in the grounds which sleeps up to 5.
- The nearest bus stop is in the village itself outside The Buck Inn about 200 meters away. Buses run hourly throughout the year (less frequent service on Sundays) until early evening.
- The nearest national network railway station is at Malton about 9 miles away. There are buses to Pickering from Malton station and a taxi rank at the station.
- There are several local taxi companies; we can provide telephone numbers so that you can make bookings in advance.
- The nearest shops are in the village of Middleton, which has a Post Office and Londis store/Petrol station. Other main shops are in Pickering just over 2 miles away.
- We accept well behaved pets along with guide and assistance dogs.
Our website www.the-huntsman.net provides pictures of the cottages and static caravan and further information about them.
- Bring your laptop- we are WIFI enabled.
- You can contact us by telephone 01751 472530 or 07745 812221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org write to; The Huntsman, Wrelton, Pickering, North Yorkshire, YO18 8PG.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- To ensure that your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not arrive before 4pm, (earlier by prior arrangement). We live on site so will be here to welcome you, assist carrying heavy bags etc should you need us to and move anything in the cottage that would make your stay more comfortable.
- There is a parking space for each cottage and if you bring more than one vehicle extra parking can be made available. There is dropping off /unloading outside each cottage. The driveway is tarmac and the car park is loose gravel.
- The entrance to the car park is lit at night from dusk to about 12pm and sensor lights operate in the car park.
General information about each cottage (Internal)
- All cottages have fitted kitchens consisting of Fridge freezers, microwave ovens, electric oven and hobs, extractor fans, dishwashers and washer/dryers. Manuals are in each cottage for electrical goods but if you need assistance just ask.
- The cottages are heated with gas combi boilers, provide instant hot water and can be timed for the heating to come on and off at your preferred time. The cottages are all fitted with hard wired smoke and heat detectors with battery backup.
- Both the Gelding and Bay cottage have straight flights of stairs with handrails to the bedrooms and bathrooms. The bathroom floorings are non slip cushion flooring and consist of toilet, sink and bath with shower over, all showers and baths have non slip mats, The Gelding also has a small en-suite shower room.
- Settees in the living areas make for comfortable seating but if a straighter high back chair is required please ask and one can be made available. Pillows in the cottages are a mixture of feather and hollow fibre but if you have a preference please ask, there are spare pillows in the bedrooms but extras can always be provided along with touch lamps where they are not standard.
- Horseshoe cottage is all on one level, with wheelchair friendly wider doors and a large walk in shower room, a shower stool is available on request. With prior notice a wheelchair can be borrowed locally (for a small donation) from the red cross.
- Laminate kitchen floor, non slip cushion flooring in the bathroom and carpets to the bedroom and conservatory. The bedroom can either be a super king or 2 full size singles.
- The cottages all have TV with freeview /cd /dvd via remote controls. Smoking is not permitted in the cottages.
- If there is anything else you may require please do not be afraid to ask, we live on site for a reason-to help!
Grounds and Gardens
- The Huntsman has raised planted borders, with patio seating areas. BBQ’s are available for cooking. The small pond and waterfall contains fish and frogs and is approximately 15” deep in the middle. Smoking is permitted in the garden, please be considerate around others and dispose of your cigarette responsibly.
- Mobile phone reception in Wrelton is patchy and on the Moors can be non- existent.
- Re-cycling we take very seriously. To the left of the garages is the re-cycling area for cardboard, glass, tin, plastic paper and brown/garden waste. The green wheelie bins are for the waste currently not being re-cycled and heading for landfill.
Owners: Andy & Tracy Green
Address:The Huntsman, Wrelton, Pickering, North Yorkshire, YO18 8PG
Telephone: 01751 472530 or 07745 812221
Mobile phone & Text messages: 07745 812221
We are open all year round.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments to help us improve this information please phone 01751 472530 or email email@example.com